Shop Black Week (SBW) is November 20-27, 2020! SBW encourages consumers to simply add “shopping with a Black-owned business” to their to-do-list. SBW 2020 campaign has over 200 organizations involved representing over 1.5 million supporters who will share and hashtag #shopblackweek to encourage mass participation. The SBW campaign simply asks every American to make at least one purchase from a Black-owned business from November 20-27th and into the holiday season.
We are experiencing the Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic that is impacting people and businesses worldwide. The virus started in China, spread across the world and is now hitting the U.S.
According to the CDC data, nearly 40 percent of U.S. patients sick enough to be hospitalized were age 20 to 54, with over 10,600 infected. But the risk of dying was significantly higher in older people.
Stay informed of the latest news on the COVID-19 outbreak, available on the World Health Organization (WHO) website and through your national and local public health authority. According to WHO, most people who become infected experience mild illness and recover, but it can be more severe for others.
Take care of your health and protect others by doing the following:
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Maintain social distancing
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Practice respiratory hygiene – cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Dispose of the used tissue immediately.
- Stay at home if you begin to feel unwell, even with mild symptoms such as headache and slight runny nose, until you recover
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early.